September, you know, is the month of new beginnings. School and tv series start again and we start also making a list of our good intentions for the restarting. We bet that many of you were waiting for September to get back in shape! What better way to do that? By following a Mediterranean diet, which uses best quality raw ingredients and reflects seasonality of products.
So why don’t we start preparing a light pumpkin pie?
Today we propose you the pumping pie recipe without eggs and butter, a soft breakfast cake, really easy to prepare because it requires just a few steps.
Pumpkin: a low-calorie food, but tasty and versatile
Pumpkin is a typical fall vegetable with a sweetish taste that makes it an extremely versatile ingredient. Indeed it is suitable for the preparation of both sweet and savory dishes: main courses, risotti, soups, velvet sauces, vegetable pies, au gratin; pumpkin pulp is used also as basic ingredient for the preparation of jams, creams and pies.
Pumpkin is a friend of our health: it is low-calorie, therefore it is suitable for those who are on a low-calorie diet; it is rich in fiber and contains betacarotene, vitamin A and vitamin C.
So pumpkin is perfect for our pumpkin pie recipe without eggs and butter!
Let’s see together the ingredients.
Ingredients to make the pumpkin pie without eggs and butter
- 450 gr of baked pumpkin (weight of baked zucca)
- 150 gr of granulated sugar or brown sugar
- 150 ml of extra virgin olive oil Faresse
- 200 gr whole wheat flour
- 4 spoons of potato flour
- 75 gr of chopped almonds
- 1 and a half teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 sachet of baking powder
Optional ingredient, according to your own personal taste:
- cinnamon to taste
How to prepare the pumpkin pie without eggs and butter
- First of all, preheat the oven to 180° and cover the tray with baking paper.
- In the meantime, cut the pumpkin into pieces. Don’t worry to remove the peel. Once pumpkin baked and softened, it will be easier to remove the peel with a knife.
- Place the pumpkin cut into pieces on the baking tray.
- When the oven reaches the selected temperature, put the pumpkin in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- When the pumpkin is ready, let it cool at room temperature. Once cooled, gently squeeze the pumpkin to remove excess water that could make the mixture too liquid.
- Mix the cooled pumpkin with a table blender, an immersion hand blender or a food chopper. Continue blending and add sugar and Faresse extra virgin olive oil, the mono varietal from ogliarola barese that smells of almond and freshly cut grass with a balanced and delicate taste, which perfectly suits for the preparation of pies and creams.
- Now transfer the mixture of pumpkin, sugar and oil in a large bowl. Add the whole wheat flour, potato flour and baking soda and gently stir with a whisk. According to your own personal taste, you can add a pince of cinnamon to the mixture of the pumpkin pie without eggs and butter. Cinnamon perfectly pairs with pumpkin and will makes your pie a little more spicy. Finally, add the chopped almonds and the sachet of baking powder to the mixture.
- After oiling and flouring a cake pan of 24-26 cm diameter, pour the mixture into the pan and bake for about 40 minutes at 180°. Always do the toothpick test to verify the pumpkin pie without eggs and butter is cooked.
This light pumpkin pie without eggs and butter keeps well under a glass bell or into closed containers for 3-4 days.
In a few steps we have prepared a vegan pumpkin pie easy to prepare but incredibly tasty, try before you trust!
You might also be interested in the recipe of Cialletta salad